Thursday, October 6, 2016

Not a Fan

Everyone said you have to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. I never felt like I had to because I don't actually like Bourbon. They told me the same thing about Dublin and Guiness. I don't need to pay for a tour that includes tasting something I'm pretty sure I won't like. But this time, everyone else was up for it, so I was happy to go.

One friend had been singing the praises of Maker's Mark so we decided to go there. The grounds were lovely. They even had a ceiling that had been done by Chihuly, especially for them.







It was interesting to see how they take the different grains and make them into bourbon. They did spend a bit of time talking about what differentiates bourbon from whiskey. (I've got to say that the distinction still eludes me.)


And after you went through the entire process, at the end of the tour they gave you some to sample. I took a sip of each - a very small sip. Then I let Mark have the rest of it because I am not actually a fan of Bourbon - but I'm glad we went.






No comments: