Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Land's End

Here's a picture of Land's End in Cornwall.
You'll notice that we aren't in the picture. That's because some guy owns the concession for this sign and he's roped it off. If you want a picture here, you'll have to pay him ten quid. (Roughly $15). Apparently this family has owned this concession since the 50s. Unfortunately, I think they're still using the same camera they had in the 50s. There is a prominent sign letting people know that they are using real film. I just can't see that using real film in the digital age is something to brag about. Especially when they said it would take four to six weeks for us to get our photo. Ooops! You're in the US. There's an extra quid to cover the mailing.

In four to six weeks I would have forgotten I'd ever ordered it. And I just couldn't imagine that it would arrive in tact. I have enough trouble just getting my US mail delivered. (Someone did point out to me that I was making the assumption that he actually had film in the camera and that he actually intended to mail it. I am fairly trusting but I assume someone would have shut him down years ago if he was scamming people.) I would have gladly paid the man if I could have taken it with me then and there. But it seems he doesn't lose enough sales to make him go digital.

Here are a few more pictures from Land's End.







No comments: