Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Hot Day in Padstow

I thought that Padstow in Cornwall was listed in my book of 1,000 places to see before you die. When I got home and checked the book, I noticed it was only the Hotel Tresanton and it's Seafood Restaurant that made the cut. But we didn't go there, not even for lunch. We saw a Rick Stein restaurant, but we didn't eat there either. Mark wanted traditional food in a traditional pub and it was such a beautiful, sunny day that we wanted to find a place with tables outside so we could dine al fresco. We found just the place - tables outside overlooking the harbor with traditional English pub food. We actually got hot sitting in the sun.

I'm not at all sure why St. Ives made the list and Padstow didn't. Padstow isn't as big as St. Ives, but it's a kinder, gentler place - at least as far as the parking and the seagulls are concerned. But that book is just one woman's opinion - and since she's traveled more extensively than I have, I'll take her word for it. But there are places I've visited that aren't in her book that perhaps should be. Anyway, if we ever get back down that way, I'll have to look for the Hotel Tresanton.






No comments: