Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nothing to Say

Yesterday I mentioned to Mark that I hadn't posted anything on my blog for a while. (I just checked and the last post was January 31st). And he said, "Well, you've just been so busy."

Have I been that busy? I don't think so. I just haven't had anything to say. We've been out to eat a few times - the dinner at Steve Fields and the Valentine's Dinner at Hurricane Creek with friends was exceptionally nice, but other than that, not much to say about it. (I'm still waiting for Linda to post the pictures on Facebook.) We've been to a play and a few movies, but I didn't feel the urge to write any reviews. - Nothing to say.

We're leaving for England this afternoon so I'm sure that there will be something to say very soon. No doubt someone with the airline or TSA will do something appalling. Or I may get all of my food in a pie, or we may be snowed in. I've been reading hotel reviews on TripAdvisor so I'm hoping to avoid hotel horror stories. But whether it's horrid or charming, I'm sure something will happen!

But in case you think my life is getting boring let me tell you about my conversation with Mr. Pratt of the Internal Revenue Service. Most times lately when I've needed to talk to someone there, they've been very nice - polite and helpful. Let's just say that Mr. Pratt (I should have written his number down!) lived up to his name. He was a complete and total Pratt. I am fairly certain that I've double paid some of that tax, but I'll have to deal with it when I get back because when the IRS gives you a deadline, it's a deadline. (According to the Pratt.) Never mind that the notice arrived today and gave me a deadline of next week to pay it and I don't have time to go through all my records for the last two years to find it right now. But not to worry, if I've overpaid, they'll give me back my money and add interest to it. (Just like they did last year!) But really, who wants to talk about such unpleasantness? But other than that, I have nothing to say.

So stay tuned - our plane leaves at 5:30 (assuming that all of that ugly weather stays north of the Red River) and we'll be picking up our rental car and headed for Essex tomorrow morning. Until then, I've got nothing to say.

No comments: