Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ups and Downs

I didn't expect Italy to be so hilly. Of course, so far I've only been to Spoleto, so I'll try not to draw too many conclusions based on very limited experience. Between yesterday and today, we have been up and down (it seems like more up than down) streets, paths, and trails.

Yesterday we crossed the Ponti del Torre and walked some of the trails and paths. The path we used to descend Monteluca seemed very steep and narrow and I was very glad when we finally reached the bottom.

As you might expect, the streets are very narrow and some are really walkways, open only to pedestrian traffic. But I'm getting quite a workout - especially when I have to go uphill.

I'm guessing that by the time I can go up two streets without having to stop (assuming I ever get to that point) it will be time to leave. I'm thinking that there is no better cardio workout than hill climbing. Unfortunately there really aren't any hills in the Dallas area.

No comments: