Friday, June 15, 2012

Bathrobes and Breakfast

Having left the Comfort Hotel and the "come back tomorrow" gang, we needed a place to spend the night. Just down the road a bit at Thorpe Le Soken is the Lifehouse Spa and Resort. Normally these rooms are 300 GBP per night ($450) but using LateRooms.com, we got it for 80 GBP ($120). A bargain!!

Being a Dallas girl, I had to look at the spa menu. But I'm accustomed to Dallas prices coupled with a Groupon and found the spa "treatments" outlandishly priced. And I question the use of the word "treatment" when "indulgence" is probably a better choice. Anyway, I digress...

Even though Mark was encouraging me to indulge myself, I thought the time (and money) would be better spent just having a walk around the grounds. They were beautiful! Irises in colors I've never seen before, not to mention seedum growing on the roof as insulation.

But I've digressed again. We are still checking in. We're told about the restaurant, (4 stars we're told) and the bar, as well as the therapy pool. And then the pleasant young woman who was checking us in informed us that it wasn't necessary to dress for breakfast, just go to the restaurant in the bathrobe provided. Sounded cool to me, but Mark started bristling. We settled in our room and checked out the bathrobes. "I'm NOT going to breakfast in a dressing gown!" Mark ordered a room service breakfast without even asking me what I wanted.

What I learned from this experience:

  1. My husband will not wear a bathrobe in public unless he is fully clothed beneath it.

What Mark learned from this experience:

  1. If "Spa" is part of the name, it is a girly place.
  2. Bars in girly places do not serve beer.

No comments: