Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hot, Hot, Hot Springs

I bought a National Geographic book on National Parks. It contains all kinds of wonderful information - like when to go and what to do and see. I took the "when to go" information and put it into a spreadsheet so we would know the best times to go to different places.

And because I have this spreadsheet, I know that the best time to visit Hot Springs is October/November. It's really not much cooler than it is in Dallas, which makes it really hot. So what were we doing there in July? Well, let's see - it's a relatively short drive from Dallas and we wanted to do a trial run with the kitties. It was a bit too hot to test out the screen house concept, but everything else went fine.

Just think of all those calories I burned walking in the heat from the campground at Gulpha Gorge into town. (It WAS uphill both ways!)

Here are a few pictures.



  


No comments: