Tuesday, January 6, 2015

It's Not About the Pizza

Once again Mark and I went to San Antonio for New Year's Eve. This time we stayed at the Wyndham Gardens. Once again we had those pushy pizza peddlers stuffing their flyers under our door each night.

At least the front desk took this seriously, unlike the folks at the front desks of the Marriott and Hyatt who looked at me like my hair was on fire. There is a sign on the door that indicates that soliciting, handbills and trespassing are prohibited, so the folks stuffing these things under the door are in breach of hotel rules even if they aren't breaking the law.

But here's the real problem: There are people who are neither employees, nor guests of the hotel who are wandering around where the guest rooms are and the hotel has NO IDEA who they are, when they are there, or where they are. I really don't care about pushy, pesky, pizza peddlers. I care about murderers, rapists, thieves, and kidnappers.

This is the deal - if they can't keep out the people with the handbills, how are they going to keep out those other elements? I understand that axe murderers and thieves can check in as guests. I'm not so naive as to think that a background check should be required to rent a hotel room. I'm just asking hotel management to keep people who aren't employees or registered guests confined to the lobby, restaurant and other public areas and out of the guest bedroom areas. Too hard? It would seem so. At least in San Antonio.


No comments: