Friday, August 17, 2012

Insomnia

The Olympics have been over for nearly a week now and I still haven't watched the events I wanted to see. We recorded all of it. But the sad fact is that if I sit down in front of a TV I will be asleep after an hour. It doesn't matter that I wanted to see what was on. It doesn't matter how interesting it was. One hour seems to be my limit for watching TV. Mark is much the same, except he seems to have an unlimited capacity for watching Holmes Inspection on HGTV.

So when I see that some of my Facebook friends have posted that they can't sleep I wonder if their TVs are on the blink. Although I've never said anything, I really think they just don't want to sleep. Anybody can stay awake sitting at the computer - even me. There is just enough interaction to keep you awake. If those people really wanted to sleep they'd turn on the TV. Hardcore insomniacs should try the History Channel - it's especially hard to stay awake when you already know how it ends.

But at the rate I'm going, I'll probably finish watching these Olympic Games about the time the next games start. Maybe. I'm not sure I finished watching the last summer games that I recorded four years ago. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it.

No comments: