Tuesday, July 30, 2019

We Are Doomed

Millenials. I don't know where to begin. Let's start with the young lady who put her cell phone number on her business card but didn't bother to set up her voicemail box. When you call her, you get a recording that lets you know the voicemail box isn't set up and goodbye. Perhaps she thought people would only text her when they wanted to place an order. We are doomed.

Or how about the young man who took nearly 15 minutes to enter an order and print it off for me. He stuffed my receipt in a little folder along with my credit card receipt. Everything he told me about the delivery process is proving to be wrong. And I've discovered that I have a receipt for a fireplace insert, not a casual dining set and it will be delivered to someone named Maria at a completely different address. I wonder if Maria has the copy of my invoice. We are doomed.

Here's my favorite - I was overcharged at Walgreen's. I bought two items, both under ten dollars and my total came out to $25. How could that be? I didn't leave the register, I just stepped to the side to review my receipt and told the cashier that one of the items rang up as $13.99 but it was actually $8.99. She called for someone to go check it and it was confirmed that it should have been $8.99. My goodness, they were going to have to process a refund! The technology of the cash register wasn't helping them. Both the original cashier and the price check guy were working on it. It was trying to tell them that the items were purchased in a different store. He asked me when I purchased it. "A few minutes ago." The female cashier confirmed that. They both kept asking me if I just wanted to return the stuff. "No. I bought it. I want it. I just want $5 back.

Keep in mind that Mark was waiting in the car. He finally came in to see if I was being held hostage and how much it would take to release me. At that, the young man decided the easiest thing would be to give me the difference in cash and call it done. I agreed. But he said "I think it's four dollars instead of five." And I said, "No, 13 minus 8 is 5." And he said, "Okay, I'll take your word for it." We are sooo doomed.

No comments: