Sunday, March 4, 2018

Hitting the High Spots

No trip to New York is complete without getting a good look at the Statue of Liberty. Up until this trip I'd only seen it from a plane window. We went on a bright sunny day even though it was cold. We thought about visiting the Ellis Island Museum, but I don't think my family entered the country through Ellis Island. I think they were here before it opened. Definitely one of the high spots of the trip.




And speaking of "high spots" we also took a stroll through High-Line Park. It's an abandoned elevated railway line that's been turned into an inner-city green space - complete with gardens and art installations. Of course, in February the gardens were brown, and while I made a few attempts at photographing them, I wasn't especially pleased with the results. So all you can see here is a view of a street from the park - and my favorite art installation - shoes. (What else?)




And the highest spot of all was Top of the Rock - the observation decks at Rockefeller Center - the perfect view of the Empire State Building. Their marketing is brilliant! If you go to the Top of the Rock, you'll have a view of the Empire State Building. If you go to the top of the Empire State Building you won't be able to see it. Excellent point!

A few more photos of the sights of New York.





No comments: