Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kick Off Your Shoes

I just couldn't believe it! Mark and I were walking back to our hotel in Oklahoma City after a pleasant dinner with Jason and Jacob when I was struck in the chest by a shoe.

I picked it up and turned and looked in the direction from whence it came.

"You hit me with your shoe!"

Silence on her part.

"What's wrong with you??"

Again, silence on her part. But her friend told me that it "fell" off her foot.

"Shoes don't fall off your feet and end up six feet away. You hit me with your shoe!"

Still silence on her part. But now her husband was trying to convince us that it was an accident and that she didn't mean it.

"Do I look like Hillary Clinton? Or maybe George W. Bush? Oh wait, they dodged the shoes! I got hit."

That was probably the point where Mark thought that I might beat the woman with her own shoe. He should have known better. I don't have a violent bone in my body. But I admit that I was trying to intimidate her verbally. Given her silence, I may have succeeded. On the other hand, if she'd said anything other than "I'm so sorry!" I probably would have beaten her with her shoe.

But when we got back to our room and turned on the TV, I understood fully what had happened. She'd obviously had a few Coronas.

The marketing folks at Corona have acted very irresponsibly in encouraging this type of behavior. Watch it here.

See what I mean?

No comments: