Friday, July 19, 2013

Pot Luck

When I was printing off all our travel documents, airline tickets, hotel rental confirmations, etc., I noticed that our first hotel reservation was for Rochester New York. While this might have been good, we weren't actually going any where near New York. We were going to Maine. I searched the Internet for hotels in Rochester Maine, but there wasn't one. There was a Rochester New Hampshire, but I wasn't sure if that is where Mark intended to go. I was able to cancel before we incurred any charges, but I didn't have enough time to book another hotel.

So it turned out that we arrived without a place to stay. We were forced to take pot luck. I'd spent enough time on the Internet to know that we'd be able to sleep in one of those cookie-cutter Holiday Inns or Microtels, so we weren't worried.

When we stopped for lunch in Newburyport, MA we were very pleasantly surprised. We thought it might be a nice place to spend the night so we stopped by the chamber of commerce. We found the Clark Currier House. It was wonderful. A pleasant, antique-filled room, pleasant guests at breakfast and a very pleasant host. We'll be staying there again on our way back down to Boston!

No comments: